HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Cranberry Christmas Cake

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mary Ann
Admin
Mary Ann

Cranberry Christmas Cake  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cranberry Christmas Cake    Cranberry Christmas Cake  EmptyMon Nov 26, 2018 2:13 pm

The sugar makes a crispy layer on the top. It didn't say what kind of butter. I used salted butter like most dessert recipes do to bring out the flavor/sweetness.

Cathy, I suppose you could use blueberries or other fruit, but it might be super sweet without the tartness to offset it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://maspace.forumotion.com
cathy c

cathy c

PostSubject: Re: Cranberry Christmas Cake    Cranberry Christmas Cake  EmptyMon Nov 26, 2018 4:05 am

Sounds yummy, except for the cranberries. Shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile
firefly

firefly

PostSubject: Re: Cranberry Christmas Cake    Cranberry Christmas Cake  EmptySun Nov 25, 2018 12:05 am

Sounds super yummie Mary, be so worth a go I think. cheers

View user profile
Mary Ann
Admin
Mary Ann

PostSubject: Cranberry Christmas Cake    Cranberry Christmas Cake  EmptySat Nov 24, 2018 6:03 pm

This was a first and s success at Thanksgiving this year. Even Hubs says it’s a keeper.

As you can see, it doesn’t require many ingredients. Mine turned out dense. If you like a little tart bite every now and then, this one will deliver.

https://barefeetinthekitchen.com/cranberry-christmas-cake wrote:

Tart fresh cranberries and sweet buttery cake are perfectly combined in this popular Christmas dessert!
Course: Dessert
Servings: 16 servings
Calories: 252 kcal
Ingredients
3 eggs
2 cups sugar
3/4 cup butter softened
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups all-purpose flour see note below for gluten-free alternative
12 oz fresh cranberries

Report this ad

Instructions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. With a mixer, beat the eggs with the sugar until slightly thickened and light in color, about 5-7 minutes. The mixture should almost double in size. The eggs work as your leavening agent in this recipe, so do not skip this step. This mixture should form a ribbon when you lift the beaters out of the bowl. Add the butter and vanilla; mix two more minutes. Stir in the flour until just combined. Add the cranberries and stir to mix throughout.

Spread in a buttered 9x13 pan. Bake for 40-50 minutes, or until very lightly browned and a toothpick inserted near the center of the cake comes out clean. Let cool completely before cutting into small slices. I cut mine into fairly small pieces, about 1"x2", so that they could be easily eaten at a party. Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://maspace.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cranberry Christmas Cake    Cranberry Christmas Cake  Empty

Back to top Go down

Cranberry Christmas Cake
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Malfunction Junction :: Sweet Tooth-
Jump to: