A crossroad for writers.

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Samoa Bundt Cake

Go down 
AuthorMessage
firefly

firefly

Samoa Bundt Cake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Samoa Bundt Cake   Samoa Bundt Cake EmptySun Apr 07, 2019 8:26 pm

Oh wow, that would be a good party cake for sure Mary

One thing my hypno cured was how much sweet stuff I consume these days so I could bake and not take lol! lol!

View user profile
Mary Ann
Admin
Mary Ann

Samoa Bundt Cake Empty
PostSubject: Samoa Bundt Cake   Samoa Bundt Cake EmptySun Apr 07, 2019 4:33 pm

When it's time for the Girls Scouts to hock their cookies, some people go crazy for them. One cookie is the Samoa cookie. This recipe is inspired/based on that.

Warning: it's rich and sweet, much sweeter than cakes and pies we had in England or those I usually make. But it was a hit at a recent potluck.

In the comments, people complained of it not coming out of the bundt pan easily. Not to worry if the top is messy. It'll be covered over with frosting, coconut, and caramel and hot fudge sauces. I did, however, spray the pan wit a lot of baking spray to keep from tearing it apart when flipping it onto a cake stand.

https://spicysouthernkitchen.com/samoa-bundt-cake/ wrote:
Samoa Bundt Cake
Samoa Bundt Cake is made from a super tender and moist chocolate cake topped with caramel frosting and lots of shredded coconut.

Course Dessert
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 55 minutes
Total Time 1 hour 15 minutes
Servings 16
Calories 515 kcal
Author Christin Mahrlig

Ingredients
1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 (16-ounce) package light brown sugar There was confusion in the comments over this measurement. You need 2 cups.
3 large eggs
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup hot water

Caramel Frosting
I made this amount, but nowhere near this amount was used. It would've really been over the top on sweetness. I used enough for a thin layer so coconut would stick to it.
3/4 cup butter (1 1/2 sticks)
1/4 cup jarred caramel sauce
3 cups powdered sugar
1 1/2 to 2 tablespoons heavy cream or milk

Toppings
1 1/2 cups sweetened shredded coconut, toasted
Caramel Sauce
Hot Fudge Sauce

Instructions
Preheat oven to 350F and grease and flour and bundt pan (or use baking spray).
Melt chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl (heat at 20 second intervals) until smooth when stirred. Set Aside.
Beat butter and brown sugar with an electric mixer until blended well, about 5 minutes.
Beat in eggs one at a time.
Beat in melted chocolate just until blended.
Sift together flour, baking soda, and salt.
Add flour mixture to batter, alternating with sour cream, beating at LOW speed just until blended after each addition.
Slowly, with mixer on LOW speed, add hot water.
Stir in vanilla.
Pour batter into prepared Bundt pan.
Bake at 350 degrees for 55 to 60 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool 10 minutes in pan then remove cake from pan to cool completely.

To make frosting, beat butter and caramel sauce until creamy. Gradually beat in powdered sugar. Beat in enough heavy cream to get to desired consistency.
Spread frosting on cooled cake.
Sprinkle toasted coconut on cake and drizzle with caramel sauce and hot fudge sauce.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://maspace.forumotion.com

Samoa Bundt Cake
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Malfunction Junction :: Sweet Tooth-
Jump to: