Malfunction Junction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A crossroad for writers.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Chocolate, Quinoa and Pecan Mud Cake

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
firefly

firefly

Chocolate, Quinoa and Pecan Mud Cake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chocolate, Quinoa and Pecan Mud Cake   Chocolate, Quinoa and Pecan Mud Cake EmptyTue Apr 01, 2014 2:59 pm

Yeah I will be making one mate, maybe for Easter for my daughter. She is trying all sorts of GF stuff too. I am giving her this book so she has some easy recipes to start.
Back to top Go down
Mary Ann
Admin
Mary Ann

PostSubject: Re: Chocolate, Quinoa and Pecan Mud Cake   Chocolate, Quinoa and Pecan Mud Cake EmptyTue Apr 01, 2014 11:29 am

I just might have to try this one. I know I like chocolate quinoa for breakfast instead of oatmeal.
Back to top Go down
https://maspace.forumotion.com
firefly

firefly

PostSubject: Chocolate, Quinoa and Pecan Mud Cake   Chocolate, Quinoa and Pecan Mud Cake EmptyMon Mar 31, 2014 11:28 pm

2 cups quinoa rinsed
3 eggs, separated
1 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
200grams dark LF chocolate, melted

Preheat the oven to 180'C. Line 2 x 20cm greaseproof cake tins with baking paper.

In a saucepan, combine the quinoa and 3 cups of water. Bring to a boil, stir, cover and reduce to a simmer. Cook for 15 minutes. Remove from the heat and allow to sit for 5 minutes with the lid on.

Meanwhile in a large bowl, whisk the egg whites to soft peaks. In a separate bowl, combine the quinoa, egg yolks and pecans and mix well. Add the melted chocolate and gently fold through the egg whites. Pour into the prepared cake tins and bake for 30 minutes.

Also delicious with dates instead of pecans and served sandwiched together with extra melted chocolate
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chocolate, Quinoa and Pecan Mud Cake   Chocolate, Quinoa and Pecan Mud Cake Empty

Back to top Go down

Chocolate, Quinoa and Pecan Mud Cake
Page 1 of 1