Malfunction Junction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A crossroad for writers.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cinnamon Rolls (GF & LC)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mary Ann
Admin
Mary Ann

Cinnamon Rolls (GF & LC) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cinnamon Rolls (GF & LC)   Cinnamon Rolls (GF & LC) EmptyMon Oct 27, 2014 3:17 pm

You use equal parts Swerve for sugar, so the inverse should be true-cup for cup. Wink

Everything is better with bacon. pig pig
Back to top Go down
https://maspace.forumotion.com
firefly

firefly

PostSubject: Re: Cinnamon Rolls (GF & LC)   Cinnamon Rolls (GF & LC) EmptyMon Oct 27, 2014 1:31 pm

Thanks Mary. How much sugar would you use if not using the other alternatives do you think?

Seen cinnamon rolls on FB the other day with bacon wrapped in the middle. Hubs would go wild mate. Razz Razz
Back to top Go down
Mary Ann
Admin
Mary Ann

PostSubject: Cinnamon Rolls (GF & LC)   Cinnamon Rolls (GF & LC) EmptyMon Oct 27, 2014 7:54 am

Hubs liked these so much he ate three. With psyllium husk, I wouldn't--and didn't--advise that. They filled him up so much he was surprised he had no desire to eat anything from dinner to bedtime (his usual time to snack). My one did the same.

Drink plenty of water after eating one.

I followed the almond flour version, but coconut flour is another option.

Mine turned soupy when I added the cup of boiling water. That measurement is probably for the coconut flour option, and she forgot to adjust the almond flour recipe. I added coconut flour to get it closer to a dough consistency. It took a good bit. Although the dough was very sticky and not just like regular dough, I could spread it out.

TIP: When it's time to roll the dough, use the wax paper to make a tight roll and keep your hands clean. It's the same technique you'd use with a sushi mat for sushi.

Unless you're okay with sugar, you'll need to find an alternative acceptable to you. Swerve is just in the US at the moment. Eythritol, in the eythritol and stevia combo option, can be hard to find in some areas.

Serves: 6

DOUGH:
1½ cup blanched almond flour (5 oz) (or ½ cup coconut flour or 2.5 oz)
5 TBS psyllium husk powder (no substitutes) (45 grams)
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp Celtic sea salt
1 cup Swerve (or erythritol and 1 tsp stevia glycerite)
3 egg whites (8 whites if using coconut flour)
2½ TBS apple cider vinegar (1 oz)
1 cup BOILING water (7 oz)

FILLING:
2 TBS cinnamon
2 TBS Swerve (or erythritol)
NOTE! If you are having an issue with a bubble, try weighing your ingredients as listed above. I use this kitchen scale. Smile

FROSTING:
6 TBS cream cheese, softened (or coconut cream if dairy allergy)
3 TBS butter or coconut oil, softened
2 TBS Confectioners Swerve (or erythritol and ¼ tsp stevia glycerite)
2 TBS unsweetened almond milk (to thin it out, if desired)

Preheat the oven to 350F.

In a medium sized bowl, combine the flour, psyllium powder (no substitutes: flaxseed meal won't work), baking powder, salt and Swerve. Add in the eggs and vinegar and combine until a thick dough. Add boiling water into the bowl. Mix until well combined. When you add the water the dough will be very sticky but after mixing for a couple minutes it will firm up.

Grease a large piece of parchment with coconut oil spray and spread the dough out into a large rectangle pressing with your fingers. You can spray some more spray on top of the dough to help keep it from sticking to your fingers.

Sprinkle cinnamon and Swerve onto the rolled out rectangle. Press the cinnamon mixture into the dough with your hands. Starting at one edge of the rectangle, roll up tightly until you have a cylinder. Cut into 6 - 2 inch rolls. Place onto a cookie sheet or into a cast iron skillet (click HERE to find the one I used) and bake for 45-55 minutes.

Meanwhile, make the frosting. Place all ingredients into a medium sized bowl and combine until smooth. Store in fridge (it will thicken overnight). Spread over cinnamon rolls.

Notes
NUTRITIONAL COMPARISON (per serving without frosting)
“Cinnabon” Cinnamon Roll = 730 calories, 24g fat, 1g protein, 114 carbs, trace fiber (114 effective carbs)
Almond Flour Rolls = 201 calories, 13g fat, 7.8g protein, 13.2g carbs, 8.7g fiber (58% fat, 16% protein, 26% carbs)
Coconut Flour Rolls = 99 calories, 1.4g fat, 6.8g protein, 12.7g carbs, 9g fiber (13% fat, 28% protein, 52% carbs)

-- http://mariamindbodyhealth.com/amazing-cinnamon-rolls-and-wheat-depression/
Back to top Go down
https://maspace.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cinnamon Rolls (GF & LC)   Cinnamon Rolls (GF & LC) Empty

Back to top Go down

Cinnamon Rolls (GF & LC)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Malfunction Junction :: Sweet Tooth-
Jump to: