Malfunction Junction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A crossroad for writers.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Chocolate Mousse

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
cathy c

cathy c

Chocolate Mousse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chocolate Mousse   Chocolate Mousse EmptyFri Apr 11, 2014 1:03 am

You are bad, Mary. I'm surprised at you. (Not really lol! )
Back to top Go down
Mary Ann
Admin
Mary Ann

Chocolate Mousse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chocolate Mousse   Chocolate Mousse EmptyThu Apr 10, 2014 1:13 pm

cathy c wrote:
baby diaper brown! affraid  what's not to love. pale
firefly wrote:
Couldn't even trick Irish with it then  Evil or Very Mad 
Call it camouflage green and let the hunters in your family eat it. jocolor 
Back to top Go down
https://maspace.forumotion.com
firefly

firefly

Chocolate Mousse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chocolate Mousse   Chocolate Mousse EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 4:17 pm

Quote :
The title is where you went wrong. Had you called it Chinese Chocolate Mousse

lol! lol! lol! 

I think you nailed it there Mary.

Glad they stayed the right colour, the other is a bit off putting isn't it. Couldn't even trick Irish with it then  Evil or Very Mad 
Back to top Go down
cathy c

cathy c

Chocolate Mousse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chocolate Mousse   Chocolate Mousse EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 9:53 am

firefly wrote:
rendeer rendeer rendeer 

Pretend that is a chicken emoticon  Twisted Evil Twisted Evil 

Mary Ann wrote:
firefly wrote:
rendeer rendeer rendeer 

lol! 

The title is where you went wrong. Had you called it Chinese Chocolate Mousse... What a Face 

Razz  Razz 

Mary Ann wrote:
cathy c wrote:
In other words, you made hubby the guinea pig? lol! 
firefly wrote:
Razz Razz 

Good spot Irish
Tsk. Tsk. Now don't y'all go changing the rules.

I didn't see one against it. Razz  Razz 

There isn't. We're just jealous we didn't think of it first. Mind you, I'm guessing Aussie probably has. Twisted Evil 

Quote :
firefly wrote:
Great news mate. I wonder if you put a squeeze of lemon in it when making, if that would help the browning?
Don't think lemon is needed. It looked the same this morning. Don't know if it was the honey or chocolate that kept it from turning baby diaper brown or what.

I'll have to conduct another test to see how well the taste holds up.

Rather than mousse, it has more of a pudding consistency. That might be because large avocados were used and so little of the chocolate. confused [/quote][/quote]

baby diaper brown! affraid  what's not to love. pale
Back to top Go down
Mary Ann
Admin
Mary Ann

Chocolate Mousse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chocolate Mousse   Chocolate Mousse EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 9:02 am

firefly wrote:
rendeer rendeer rendeer 

lol! 

The title is where you went wrong. Had you called it Chinese Chocolate Mousse... What a Face 
Back to top Go down
Mary Ann
Admin
Mary Ann

Chocolate Mousse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chocolate Mousse   Chocolate Mousse EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 8:59 am

cathy c wrote:
firefly wrote:
Razz Razz 

Good spot Irish
Tsk. Tsk. Now don't y'all go changing the rules.

I didn't see one against it. Razz  Razz 

firefly wrote:
Great news mate. I wonder if you put a squeeze of lemon in it when making, if that would help the browning?
Don't think lemon is needed. It looked the same this morning. Don't know if it was the honey or chocolate that kept it from turning baby diaper brown or what.

I'll have to conduct another test to see how well the taste holds up.

Rather than mousse, it has more of a pudding consistency. That might be because large avocados were used and so little of the chocolate. confused 
Back to top Go down
firefly

firefly

Chocolate Mousse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chocolate Mousse   Chocolate Mousse EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 1:47 am

rendeer rendeer rendeer 

Back to top Go down
cathy c

cathy c

Chocolate Mousse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chocolate Mousse   Chocolate Mousse EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 1:30 am

Quote :
You gunna try it Cath? Twisted Evil

Nope. Laughing 
Back to top Go down
firefly

firefly

Chocolate Mousse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chocolate Mousse   Chocolate Mousse EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 1:16 am

Razz Razz 

Good spot Irish

My daughter will be excited about this one then.

You gunna try it Cath?  Twisted Evil 
Back to top Go down
cathy c

cathy c

Chocolate Mousse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chocolate Mousse   Chocolate Mousse EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 1:12 am

Back to top Go down
Mary Ann
Admin
Mary Ann

Chocolate Mousse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chocolate Mousse   Chocolate Mousse EmptyTue Apr 08, 2014 7:22 pm

firefly wrote:
Not too sure about this one girls  Shocked  Shocked 

2 avocados
1 banana
1 cup raw cacao powder
1/2 cup pure maple syrup.

Scoop the pulp of the avocados into a food processor, add the banana, cacao and maple syrup and blen until smooth. Pipe into glasses and enjoy.

Decorate with edible petals and fresh seasonal berries
Hubs gave this 4 to 4.5 out of 5 stars.  cheers 

It's very creamy and excellent with coffee.

The avacados I used were large ones. Same goes for the banana, and the banana was really ripe so its sweetness would come through. Oh, I used honey, though not as much maple syrup as they suggest.

The cocoa powder was Ghirardelli. It's stronger, so that might be why it only took 1/4 cup.

Next time I'd use smaller avacados. This is so rich it made too much for two. Since bananas and avacados brown, it'll be interesting to see what it looks like when I pull it out of the fridge in the morning.
Back to top Go down
firefly

firefly

Chocolate Mousse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chocolate Mousse   Chocolate Mousse EmptyFri Apr 04, 2014 3:57 pm

Thanks Guinea Pig Mary  cheers 
Back to top Go down
Mary Ann
Admin
Mary Ann

Chocolate Mousse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chocolate Mousse   Chocolate Mousse EmptyFri Apr 04, 2014 7:01 am

If only my tastebuds changed to where I hated chocolate, my waistline would shrink like cotton in hot water.What a Face 

I'm picking up avocados today and will try this recipe this weekend. I'll let you know how it goes. Wink 
Back to top Go down
cathy c

cathy c

Chocolate Mousse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chocolate Mousse   Chocolate Mousse EmptyFri Apr 04, 2014 1:12 am

firefly wrote:
Quote :
Liking the naughty stuff probably comes down to the brain. I've read where dopamine levels surge with sugar; that's what happens with heroin. Fortunately it doesn't surge as much as it does with heroin, or I'd really be useless

Eeeeek   affraid  that would put me on the porch with you mate, rocking away  Razz Razz 

I know my tastes have changed a lot over time. Like last week I preferred Toblerone chocolate, this week, rum and raisin.  cheers cheers 

lol! lol! 

I admit I do eat things now that I wouldn't when I was younger - broccoli being one of them. I love the stuff now but couldn't stand it when I was younger.
Back to top Go down
firefly

firefly

Chocolate Mousse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chocolate Mousse   Chocolate Mousse EmptyWed Apr 02, 2014 4:20 pm

Quote :
Liking the naughty stuff probably comes down to the brain. I've read where dopamine levels surge with sugar; that's what happens with heroin. Fortunately it doesn't surge as much as it does with heroin, or I'd really be useless

Eeeeek  affraid  that would put me on the porch with you mate, rocking away  Razz Razz 

I know my tastes have changed a lot over time. Like last week I preferred Toblerone chocolate, this week, rum and raisin.  cheers cheers 
Back to top Go down
Mary Ann
Admin
Mary Ann

Chocolate Mousse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chocolate Mousse   Chocolate Mousse EmptyWed Apr 02, 2014 12:26 pm

That's what I always heard. Never questioned it, since some years I can't stand a food, only to try it again years later and love it (hence trying to make up for years hating avocado).

Some say it happens more often, because our tastebuds--as with everything else--start to fail as we age. Or because they die off every so many days. Don't know about you, but my taste doesn't change that quickly.

Liking the naughty stuff probably comes down to the brain. I've read where dopamine levels surge with sugar; that's what happens with heroin. Fortunately it doesn't surge as much as it does with heroin, or I'd really be useless. Twisted Evil 
Back to top Go down
cathy c

cathy c

Chocolate Mousse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chocolate Mousse   Chocolate Mousse EmptyWed Apr 02, 2014 1:15 am

Mary Ann wrote:
It doesn't help that our taste changes every seven years. I'm glad mine did, or I would have never fallen for avocados. bounce 

I didn't know that. I think I may be a late bloomer. bounce 
Back to top Go down
firefly

firefly

Chocolate Mousse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chocolate Mousse   Chocolate Mousse EmptyTue Apr 01, 2014 6:42 pm

Cocoa is so strong and the pure one is even stronger. Add to taste would be better.

Really, every 7 years?  Shocked 

How come I still like cakes and slices and mousse and all the other naughty things then?  Twisted Evil 
Back to top Go down
Mary Ann
Admin
Mary Ann

Chocolate Mousse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chocolate Mousse   Chocolate Mousse EmptyTue Apr 01, 2014 4:16 pm

It doesn't help that our taste changes every seven years. I'm glad mine did, or I would have never fallen for avocados. bounce 

Can't believe I'm out, but as soon as I get another bag of avocados this week I'll give it a shot.

On second look, I don't know about using 1 cup of cocoa. That seems like a lot, but adding a little bit at a time to fit your taste isn't a big deal.
Back to top Go down
firefly

firefly

Chocolate Mousse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chocolate Mousse   Chocolate Mousse EmptyTue Apr 01, 2014 2:57 pm

This mousse is the one they use in the cheesecake shell mate, I didn't realize I had already posted it.

I looooove maple syrup, its not as sweet as honey to me anyway. We all taste differently don't we. Let us know how it goes won't you.
Back to top Go down
Mary Ann
Admin
Mary Ann

Chocolate Mousse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chocolate Mousse   Chocolate Mousse EmptyTue Apr 01, 2014 11:32 am

firefly wrote:
I don't know. I love avocado and have been looking for a recipe like this one. cheers  cheers It's going on the try list. Thanks, Linda.

Don't know that I'd use as much syrup, especially if the banana was very ripe. I'd probably swap it out with honey, since I'm not a big fan of maple syrup.
Back to top Go down
cathy c

cathy c

Chocolate Mousse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chocolate Mousse   Chocolate Mousse EmptyTue Apr 01, 2014 1:52 am

That sounds like a plan. lol! 
Back to top Go down
firefly

firefly

Chocolate Mousse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chocolate Mousse   Chocolate Mousse EmptyTue Apr 01, 2014 1:47 am

Dilute it with some of that whipped cream of yours  Razz Razz 
Back to top Go down
cathy c

cathy c

Chocolate Mousse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chocolate Mousse   Chocolate Mousse EmptyTue Apr 01, 2014 1:30 am

It sounds very sweet! affraid 
Back to top Go down
firefly

firefly

Chocolate Mousse Empty
PostSubject: Chocolate Mousse   Chocolate Mousse EmptyMon Mar 31, 2014 11:22 pm

2 avocados
1 banana
1 cup raw cacao powder
1/2 cup pure maple syrup.

Scoop the pulp of the avocados into a food processor, add the banana, cacao and maple syrup and blen until smooth. Pipe into glasses and enjoy.

Decorate with edible petals and fresh seasonal berries
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Chocolate Mousse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chocolate Mousse   Chocolate Mousse Empty

Back to top Go down

Chocolate Mousse
Page 1 of 1